The program purpose >
The program should:
- take a sound device's input signal, eg a PC microphone
- output the "volume" as ascii bars to the shell for a predefined time (eg 30 seconds) *in real-time*
- "volume" here means the RMS (root mean square) of the pcm signal over a given number of samples N (that is v
In order to illustrate the expected final result (but not the implementation) please see an implementation in Python here : [login to view URL] .
The program must work with the following setup >
- OS : Ubuntu 18.04 / Linux Mint 19 *64bit*
- C program only (no C++, no Python, ...)
- only use ALSA external library (*) as audio library (no PulseAudio, etc...)
- saving signal to disk is not allowed
- ideally no low-level kernel programming is needed
- ideally the program must compile with a simple gcc statement, eg `gcc prog.c -lasound` (ideally no need for Makefile)
The coder must state clearly all prerequisites to get the program to run, as described above, or state if he needs to break any of the requirements above. The code needs to be properly and clearly documented.
(*) ALSA : [login to view URL]
14 freelancers estão ofertando em média $160 para esse trabalho
Hi. I'm professional programmer with experience over 20 years and I can write this program by using only alsa. I saw your link and I know that you want. Regards, Alex.
Hi, Thanks for posting your job. I review your job carefully. I am familiar to ALSA. I can satisfy all your requirements. I like to work with you. Thanks again.
I've a very good experience using C programming over Linux, I've already did lots of jobs using C, and lots of programs over my git hub, I will finish this with best quality and as fast as possible
Hello! I am a python developer. I looked at your project and it seems interesting. I have all necessary skills required for this project. Ping me to discuss in detail.
this project has been done before I believe or maybe I was playing with some textbook, well I could help you with that subject just let me know if I have any oportunity with you. thank you in advance.