I am looking for someone proficient in C# and Unity 3d to build a Voxel engine for Unity. The project details are listed below:
Standard voxel features at a minimum
• Voxel terrain generator
• Simple cube voxels are desired (no need for smooth realistic terrain)
• Infinite terrain possible
• Must be able to save and load dynamically
• Should support a few biome types (about 4 total)
• Individual voxels should be able to be interacted with (placed/destroyed)
• Must support adding custom block types (dirt, grass, rock…)
• Should be optimized for performance/multithreading
Expanded scope of project (we can discuss these features later)
• Ability to place two different block sizes (large and small blocks)
• Multiplayer integration
• Water areas (lakes/rivers)
Please do not contact me unless you understand voxel technology and what it is I am looking for. There are many voxel engines on the market that offer much more than what I need so this is not an unusual project request. I need something simple and dependable. The features I listed are standard features so I would expect someone with a good understanding of voxel technology to be able to implement them reliably. The expanded scope features might be challenging and I fully understand that.
If you have any questions or need anything clarified please contact me anytime. I am in US Central time so expect communication time accordingly.
Thanks for taking a look at my project and I look forward to hearing from you.
To give a good idea of what I need please see the following two links for examples:
These are two assets currently available in the Unity asset store. I am needing something similar, but I am willing to take a version with less features (only the features mentioned above) and we can discuss any additional features as expanded work scope.
Keep in mind that the final product delivered to me should be in the form of a unity asset package, that is why it is important the bidder know and understand Unity.
Contact me for any questions about the project or clarifications on any of the feature requests.
6 freelancers estão ofertando em média $588 para este trabalho
I have some experience with game development and Unity. Besides some personal projects I worked on a multiplatform FPS and I've been to a game jam where I used Unity.