graphically. Please see the attached mockup for how the UI can be. Suggestions are welcome.
The use of open source/GPL licensed code, code project code snippets and so forth _is ok_ as long as you mention clearly form where you took what code. In other words even if you find a similar, existing open source app and just modify it to meet our needs, that is ok – as long as you let us know.
Charting: The chart displays performance other time (last . Times without data (app not running) are displayed with yellowish bar, times with error (app running but no internet) in orange bar. Again, this is just a mockup and suggestions for different display options are welcome. Chart displays last 24h.
Log messages box: The log part of the app logs every measurement. The status change part notes if something has actually changed between this and the last measurement (on<->offline, IP change). The mockup should make this clear.
Tray: If autostarted, the app starts running in the tray. Clicking the tray icon will bring up the regular UI.
Log file/window: The log windows shows the latest entries (say last 10), most recent on top. All events are logged to a CSV file.
Download speed accuracy: Benchmark for correct values are the numbers of [url removed, login to view]
1. The Windows App with a GUI as in the mockup – or nicer ;)
2. The project must be delivered as VS2013 project with all required files and compile without warnings. Please comment your code well.
3. In addition, we need the project (binaries only) as Inno based setup. The installer should also download and install the .NET runtime if required. Last step in the installer opens 1. the app and 2. A url with a link in web browser (software homepage) [checkboxes allow to unselect 1+2]
4. Operating system:- All the platforms supported by .NET 4.5 (Win 7 and higher, Win 2008 R2 and higher)
5. App runs in all Windows language version (app itself is in English, but should also run ok on e. g. French or Russian version of Windows).