I have a C# .Net Windows Form software that launch a separate VLC video player in a .Net Process class. This software is used in a commercial LED advertising campaign on the street, mall, etc. At the moment it can play video, image, and website. However sometimes it has a strange behavior, for example images are not completely downloaded, so they are corrupted. Videos are fine but when we play it, at the end, it doesn't play the whole video, just couple of seconds then open the next video, and so on. Another strange problem is, although all materials are downloaded, when I press Play, nothing happen.
I need this to be fixed ASAP, the video or any material should be played according to timeslots, and according to the specified duration. The settings of timeslots and duration is already done but my player is currently giving me problem.
I am ready to discuss the project in detail in chat. I will need to fix this problem by this week. All code are on Bitbucket, ready to be cloned and debugged in your local environment. I can go through the code together with the selected bidder and tell you in detail about the code.
The software uses the following technologies:
- Built in .Net Queue for queueing materials (playlist)
- WebClient class to download stuff
- Quartz scheduler for .Net
The software requirements:
- Download playlist file (XML). The file contains what Material to play, how many seconds duration, and for how many playback time depending on the contract. The player will have to create a Queue based on this information.
- Download material file (could be video or image).
- Create a Queue based on playlist. Ad that runs on Prime Time 7 to 10 AM, then Regular Ad that runs 10 AM - 4 PM, then Prime Time 4 PM - 7 PM, then another regular from 7 PM to 1 AM.
- Download playlist (XML) for tomorrow while today are playing
- Download materials for tomorrow while today are playing.
- Play the today queue
- Create a log of every play for customer reporting and billing
These are all done but I have a problem with the bug. So please help me solve this problem. Contact my anytime if you have questions.