- An interface is needed between an ERP System and a Product Management System (PMS) regarding synchronizing items.
- The interface should be in form of a Web API built for Microsoft IIS 7.0 (HTTP based interface).
- The language behind the web API should be C#. Project will be in Microsoft Visual Studio or compatible environment.
- Data will be extracted from a PMS webserver and will be put on a local network SQL Server (in the same network, but on a different machine in the deployment environment). SQL Server name, schema and credentials used for accessing the SQL Server should be parameterized (saved in configuration files).
- The data received from PMS webserver will be received in XML format. The data will be parsed by the interface and will be saved in special tables on the SQL Server side and a store procedure will be called for processing imported data within the SQL Server database.
- Additionally, the interface requires a programmable job (initially it will be on a half hour schedule), that extracts data from PMS webserver and put the data in local network SQL Server. This automatically connection will ask only for the items that were modified since the previous day.
- The synchronization interface will have to log operations in a log file (only the main steps: invoke method / automatically fire the job, connection to PMS server success / fail, connection to the SQL Server success / fail, ending the job). The log for the automation job can be different from the log for manually invoking methods, that is not a problem. The request is for having a log for each attempt of synchronization.
- The volume of items synchronized can be very large at some points, so the interface should process the load quickly enough. We can provide test files with around 10000 items, in order to check that the interface is optimized.
- The stored procedures will be created by us, thus will not be covered by the current project.
- For calling PMS webserver we can provide a VS .NET test project in C# with connection method and authentication data, with examples for calling for synchronizing one item or for calling to receive the items that were modified since a number of days.
- The Web API interface installed on a test environment and instruction for installing on the go-live environment
- The programmable job / service for files synchronization installed on a test environment and instruction for installing on the go-live environment
- The code / project solution
- 1 month post-deployment free service if needed