For platform Windows Mobile with compact .NET version 2.
Develop on Visual Studio 2005 using Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator.
The application must do this:
- On startup, read some configuration parameters from a file.
- Send requests to our company's webserver with SSL (like [url removed, login to view]) (polling, basic authentication on each request)
- Receive response from the webserver and parse its content. The format of the response is line oriented plain text, each line has a message type, a message identifier number and a message text separated by semicolons.
- If the response from the webserver contains lines which have a critical message type, pop up a application form which is on top of the other applications which are running on the device. For each line of the multiline message, display its text and a button on the left side where the user/operator can confirm that message.
- Refresh the content of the application's form with the responses of the subsequent request. When no messages of the critical type are received any more, then close or minimize the form.
- When the user presses the confirm button related to a line, a request which contains the message identifier of that line as a parameter is sent to the webserver via HTTPS
- Endlessly continue to request messages.
- Display an 'server not available' message in the notification form when the webserver is not available.