There is another project that I will be doing in the next few weeks and wanted to give you a chance to see if you can do it. Please review the site amcharts.com. They have a JS chart library. I am interested in the basic charts and not maps or stocks.
What I would like to do is simplify generating the chart html snippets. So, if we break down the tasks, they will as follows:
1) Identify the charts that we want to do: barcharts, pie charts, etc.
2) Identify all of the common options such as headers, titles, background color, etc.
3) For each chart type, identify the options that are only relevant for that chart type.
4) Find out the most attractive color combinations, look, etc. for each chart type.
5) Write a script that generates each of the chart types. Make sure that each option is used in the script with the defaults identified in step 4 above. Also make sure that it is clear how to change a certain option later if needed.
6) Design a CSS class that will allow charts to be certain fixed sizes: 1/4 of the page, 1/2 of the page, etc.
7) Make sure that the design in step 6 cna be used to display multiple charts on one page.
The website itself provides all of this information but it is on different pages, it requires some practice to get the most attractove colors, etc. So, the purpose of this project is to simplify all of that into one script per chart.
Please let me know if this is something that is within your interests.