We are a new innovative watch company in Switzerland which will have its commercial launch in 2008.
We are looking for one or two web professionals to build our website.
We want to do a website in Flash. It has to be very dynamic. The customer has to experience our brand. To give you a feeling go to http://www.geraldgenta.com. You will also work with our creative designer to integrate the images in the website. We will also integrate 3D virtual watches.
You or the other web developer has also to be able to manage coldfusion mx with ms-sql. As we think to use it for the interactive part. People will be able to log in to the site and download files and information’s according to their customer profile.
Because this is the first time that I post an offering I will be a bit more precise about what I’m looking for.
1) the website will have to be very interactive and very high end. You need to get a feeling about luxury. You will have to look a lot of high end watch sites to understand what I mean. I will give you all the references that you will needed later. But what is important, you need a creative guy which handles Photoshop very well, because you will receive images from our creative team.
2) the base of the website will be a database, which will register customer, retailers and journalist. The database will give access to pages regarding the personal profiles like language, region. Retailers from around the world will also use the site to get the relevant information. The database handles also a small catalogue of the watches. But there is no ecommerce on the website.
3) we will also integrate 3D picture of the watch which comes out from 3D studio max or Inventor. We are also looking from you that you propose us the right web tools to do 3D motion of the watch.
4) Once the database is populated will use it also to send newsletter, subscribe contacts to events happening around the world. Coldfusion MX is a very powerful tool to do the queries of the database. It helps to build also very fast statistics and integrates well with flash. Flash server will be also probably used. We are not 100% fixed on the back end yet, but this is the direction which we want to go.
http://www.geraldgenta.com/ is a good website for the flash skills required even if our brand is not oriented on the party side like this site. Our USP is a unique mechanical invention. But you will find there, more or less all the content that has to be seen on the website. Of course this site is not database driven and therefore not adapted to the customer profile. On other very good website is http://www.breitling.com.
So please before biding follow these rules:
- check that you have the necessary skills
- go to http://www.geraldgenta.com/ and http://www.breitling.com to understand well what we need
- send your reference according to what I said here and what you saw on the website.
I will not answer to bids that are not reflecting what I said here and don't show preparation.
Because I'm still receiving a lot of information without any preparation here are the rules which we will apply for this bidding process.
- Phase 1: selection of credible bidders. This phase will last until the third June 2007.
You can send only relevant information to the project. There is no need to say I can do it and send me a list of the entire website that (your company or you) did in your life. If you want to be selected, you have to write a few lines why you are capable and send me one or two website example not more. And show me that you have a team and skills ready to take the challenge.
- Phase 2: We will select 4 bidders. The bidders will receive a RFP. You will have to answer to the RFP. You will have to answer it before the 30th of June.
- Phase 3: We will select 2 bidders. They will have to do a down streamed homepage of the future website with the information and images that will give to them. They will also to show that they manage the technology. At this stage we will really now if you are fitted for the job. We will pay 200 US dollars for the work that the two bidders will do. The work has to be sent to us until the 30th of July.
- The winner will be selected until the 15th of August. The first part of the website has to be delivered until the 30th of October. The second part until the 30th of March. These dates are related to the progressive launch of the company and the brand. Some visual will not be available before as the watches are not finished to be produced yet.
So I hope that I was crystal clear and that I will receive only serious bidders which are ready to do very nice and emotional website.
The website is not a commercial website it’s about bringing emotion to the customer, informing the journalist and the retailers. On the website you will see only the collection. Product catalog will be used for internal purpose only. The link between the retailers and the brand has to be strong.
We have decided to split the project in two parts.
Front End and Back End.
We will start with the Front End. For this we will open shortly a new project. The skills required will be Flash, Photoshop and general video edition skills.
The Back End will be started at end of this year.
For each project we will select a limited number of people based on their skills and experience they can show us. The selected will then receive our RFP.
We keep you informed.
30 freelancers estão ofertando em média $8384 para este trabalho
I am the director of a US based development firm. We have references worldwide and have much experience in this field of work. Please see my pm for details.