We are looking for a curriculum writer to create educational and vocational content in the fields of horticulture, hydroponics and food production. The content is to align to Australian national STEM curriculum for students and teachers.
Food Ladder gives people the tools to stop hunger and malnourishment. We provide communities and Schools with food production solutions including hydroponic greenhouses and specialised training so they can grow fruit and vegetables, and set up their own social enterprise if they want to.
At Food Ladder we value quality work, timeliness, collaboration and having fun. We all work remotely so we must all be accountable and self driven to perform for our end clients. [login to view URL]
Curriculum Writer - Horticulture, Hydroponics and Food Production responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing educational curriculum content, focussing on years 5 to 12.
- Content to align with Australian curriculum and STEM curriculum specifically.
- Development of 10 week modules courses and short material for students and teachers.
- Working with key industry partners to ensure alignment with real life job requirements.
- Collaborating with the Food Ladder team and experts throughout the development.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Teacher or other related educational qualification
- Horticulture qualification
- Experience with hydroponics
- Experience with developing curriculum for years 5 - 12 in Australia
- Nutritional qualifications
- Food production and processing experience
- Experience working with lower literacy rates
Other skills, competencies and capabilities:
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Previous experience in hydroponic food production
- An entrepreneurial spirit; be proactive able to deliver solid outcomes mostly autonomously and interested in developing a career with Food Ladder
- Excellent communication skills. Food Ladder employees are required to conduct themselves with the utmost degree of professionalism as all times