The Securities and Commerce Institute (SCI) is a professional training and management education institute focusing on hotel and hospitality training, and executive business education.
We primarily operate throughout the Caribbean region and as such we are in urgent need for a details oriented English speaker and reader to manage, update, keep current, and operational our online store.
This eCommerce website is powered by Volusion.com. It currently contains approximately 450 products most of which are taken from the website http://shop.ahlei.org. This is because SCI is the exclusive licensee for the AHLEI’s products outside of North America in the Caribbean region.
This project will definitely be an ongoing project requiring several hours per month. I would estimate approximately 10 to 50 hours a month with the initial months requiring more hours than the later months.
I will be requiring a proposal of what you will be charging each month on a flat fee for deliverable each month. You are therefore bidding on your monthly rate for this work and as I said you should look to budget for an average of 10 hours work a month but it can go up to 50hours a month.
This will be a long-term ongoing job if you are:
1) Readily accessible
2) Work quickly
3) Respond quickly
4) Are a creative self-starter
1) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the employer on the site per the worker's Worker Legal Agreement).
2) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
3) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Employer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Worker in ready-to-run condition in the Employer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the employer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this project.
4) that the SCI store will closely mirror the AHLEI store on an ongoing basis;
5) that the full features of the Volusion store product are utilized in the operation of the SCI store;
6) that the SCI store will be kept fresh, dynamic, and updated based on changes to the AHLEI store and on SCI management suggestions;
7) that the SEO features and functionalities of the SCI Volusion store are used to the maximum extent;
8) that the front page of the SCI Volusion store is kept dynamic, and interesting with appealing graphics, images, and featured products which you will guide and create in consultation with the SCI corporate team;
9) that you work closely with our executive team to determine featured items, categories, packages, and new projects, are included, updated, and managed quickly, accurately, and professionally;
10) Customer queries and orders placed via the SCI online store are dealt with in a very rapid manner through consultation with your corporate contact here at SCI
It is vital that you have access to and knowledge of the following:
1) English: written and spoken
2) Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
3) Skype, email, Google Talk for communicating with head office
4) Volusion eCommerce platform
5) HTML, CSS, PHP
6) Photoshop, Illustrator, and or Fireworks
Only apply if you have had true Volusion knowledge and experience. Please send links or resume of Volsuion sites you have worked on. Individuals who have not worked with Volusion will not be considered.