This project is about re-writing some sections of "Fastream IQ Proxy Server" ([url removed, login to view]) user guide available at [url removed, login to view] .
The job consists of two parts: text reading/modification/adding and screenshot taking.
This project is about re-writing some sections of "Fastream IQ Proxy Server" ([url removed, login to view]) user guide available at [url removed, login to view] . The job consists of two parts:
1. For the text of the user guide: We need a writer who is fluent in English and knowledged in HTTP and can use Windows Vista/7 and Office 2007 (as the existing document is in docx format). He will install the program, read the user guide, and rewrite most of the content and reverse proxy sections of the user guide. Even though the user guide is 70 pages right now, the end section is appendix (explaining HTTP) which needs no change. Most of the screenshots needs to be re-taken (see below for how-to). The number of page of text that is to be re-written is approximately 10-15 pages. We need somebody flexible who will send us the text of each section after it is written so that we will provide feedback.
2. For the screenshots:
- We will send the configuration [url removed, login to view] file for the program instance which the screenshots are to be taken. This will make the job easier and of higher quality.
- The screenshots should be taken with Windows Vista or 7 with Aero enabled
- The left panel of the IQP GUI should be made invisible from the Options menu and the main window should be resized so that it would be as small as it permits
- The screenshots should be taken by ALT + Print Screen which copies the image to Windows clipboard and then from there it should be pasted to Windows Paint. After a click to "crop", by using the "select" button and pressing DEL key the WAN IP number in the status bar (at the very bottom of the window) should be made blank.
- The screenshot should be saved to disk with the PNG format which is lossless and high quality. However since MS Paint's compression is weak, file sizes become too big when they are saved with it. To overcome this issue, all the screenshots should first be uploaded to the free service from Yahoo called smush-it ([url removed, login to view]) and after the compression re-downloaded to disk.
- Finally the screenshots are ready to be included to the Word 2007 document. There must NOT be any resizing or compression for the images in MS Word!
- We will also need the screenshots to be zipped and sent to us so that we will be uploading them to our web site (of course being compressed by smush-it in png format).