Sourcing Product Information – Data Entry - Ongoing project
Our company sources different toy and game products in Europe and creates a database of these products with relevant information.
We source as many products as possible in different categories and try to update them with all necessary information, like keywords, product features, image, size and weight, etc. This work is time consuming and therefore we need:
A freelancer who can write error free English, who is a bit creative and can find his/her own way in all the information we give you to create the necessary list.
The work would be the following:
We provide you with an excel list of product titles, unique product code, ean codes and manufacturer and some other columns in it which we want to have filled.
We want you to:
1. Find the product on the website of the manufacturer or in the catalogue we will send you on forehand
2. Check the title to see if this is written correctly
3. Copy the description of the product given by the manufacturers website or in the catalogue. If there is no description, we want you two write a few commercial short sentences about the product (let’s say it’s a jigsaw puzzle with a castle as an image, you could write “high quality jigsaw puzzle of beautiful castle”
4. Find some special features of the product and fill them in as bullet point (if the jigsaw puzzle glows in the dark, you could write down the bullet point “glows in the dark!”. If there are no bulletpoints available, we will together create some general ones, like (high quality product, great gift… etc.)
5. Find 20 keywords with help of the UK Yahoo Keyword Tool that go together with the product (let’s say it is a Disney Product, you find 20 keywords (Disney, Walt Disney, Disneyland, Mickey Mouse, etc), the rest of the keywords will be filled in by us as they are general keywords.
6. You find an image of the product (usually on the site of the manufacturer or through Google Images), saves this image as the on your harddisk, give it the same name as the unique product code, and upload the complete image map with jpgs to a specified map.
7. If available, you will also fill in the size of the product and the weight in cm’s.
You will find that many products in every list we will send you are in a same range. For example a list with products from a manufacturer that creates “jigsaw puzzles”. This means that the process of filling in the different fields with required information is easy and does not require a lot of thinking. By our own experience, we know that it takes between 2 and 4 minutes per product to get all the necessary information (sometimes we have the initial list you receive already filled with more information, like the image, in other cases we don’t so it requires more time to find them).
Size of the project:
This is an ongoing project. Our goal is to find between 2.500 to 10.000 products this year. The majority of the products will be available through the year, but you can already start next week with the first list of 150 products that need more information.
How to win this project?
We feel comfortable with lots of communication with the freelancer who is doing this data-entry project. This means:
1. You must have skype and be able to communicate/phone with us while you are doing this data entry project;
2. Together we make deadlines and we want you to deliver the finished product lists within these deadlines;
3. We want you to be open and communicative, which means if you have any questions, you email/call us, if we have any questions or remarks, we email/phone you;
4. Any errors or work that shows low quality will not be paid for. But this should not be the case as we communicate regularly during the project with each other;
5. You must be available for the coming year as this is an ongoing project;
6. We don’t mind you taking the job and give it to your team, as long as the quality is good and if the result is what we need;
7. You need to have excel experience and have an ftp program to upload the pictures;
8. You will get jobs once in a while during the year. This must not be a problem for you;
9. Your English should be native or as good being error free
10. There will be a test case with 10 products of different manufacturers. We require everyone who is interested in this project to do the test to see if he/she is capable of doing it so we can avoid wrong expectations.
What can you expect from us?
Every time there is a list of new products available, you can expect from us a detailed briefing about the project and products. Besides that we try on forehand to get as much information as possible from the manufacturers so you don’t have to look for them, only have to put the right info in the right field.
Payment will be done by paypal and after you have finished the job and only when we consider it being of good quality and not lazy work. If you prefer payment by the escrow service of getafreelancer, this is fine with us. But paypal is easier.
What kind of bid do we expect from you?
We want your bid per 100 products. Consider in this bid the amount of time necessary per product (2 to 4 minutes). As this is not a difficult job, but more time consuming, we don’t expect expensive bids (bids, higher than 30 USD per 100 products will be considered as too expensive).
Although the project description is long, it is a fairly simple job. You get different lists with info, plug in on the internet and get all the required information. You communicate with us during the project regularly and will receive every once in a while a new list with products. You need to be accurate, fast, and a bit creative.
We will have the test available for every one who is interested and which bid is within our budget. During or after doing the test, we want to contact you through skype to ask if everything was clear to you and if you like to have the job.
59 freelancers estão ofertando em média $36 para esse trabalho
I have gone through the details of the projects and very keen to take up your job. Pls provide me the sample work. I assure you of high quality and timely work and agree to all your project details. Thanks Anu
I have read and agree to your terms and conditions. Pls provide me with the sample work. Once we start the work, we can work out on the timeframe of the deliverable. Rgds, Neeta
Hi, I am Raj Thakur having four year experience in software development and data processing work. Please send us sample of your entry. i am looking for long term relation. Thanx.