I am looking for an internet-savvy research assistant to work part-time on an hourly basis. I need a virtual assistant on a long-term basis to conduct online research such as researching blogs about a certain topic and determining the contact info for those blogs.
Ongoing duties may include:
• online research
• answering or writing emails
• research certain products and write short descriptions based on your research
• other tasks that I find too time consuming
You must be a self-starter, reliable, computer savvy and FLUENT in English. You need to be available via IM, email or phone to discuss projects. I live in the US.
You can post the minimum required GAF bid of $30 for entry purposes, but please state your HOURLY RATE in your bid. If you don't post this rate, I will assume you want the "average" hourly rate listed in your profile.
This job is suitable for individuals looking for stable work, perhaps a college student or someone who wants to free-lance part-time from home, preferably living in a country where the cost of living is very low, e.g. India, Eastern Europe. My business is still growing so I can’t spend a lot of money. This is a simple job for the right person. I’ll pay anywhere from $[url removed, login to view] to $[url removed, login to view] per hour. If your hourly rate is way above that, you’re overqualified for this position – please don’t bid.
The right person:
• Is computer savvy and very adept at using the internet
• Has daily access to a high-speed internet connection
• Is available for contact via IM, email, phone, etc.
• Is very competent at doing research, especially on the internet
• Knows, or at least be familiar with, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Acrobat.
• Speaks FLUENT English – this is very important; excellent command of the written English language is essential (spelling and grammar); bids written in less than perfect English will be ignored.
• Is very detailed oriented, organized, and takes pride in doing quality work
• Is willing to learn the ins and outs of my business so that they can work independently on projects
• Is able to learn quickly, and be familiar with computers and various computer programs. I am less concerned about current knowledge, but am looking for desire and willingness to learn.
• Is willing to sign a NDA (not necessary initially, while we’re trying to decide it it’s a good fit, but probably will become necessary if we decide to make it a long-term relationship)
• Must be creative and resourceful, and be able to think independently.
• Is reliable, trustworthy, and respectful of deadlines
We will work out a fair way to remit your payments in installments, subject to GAF rules. You will be paid every 2 weeks via Paypal (preferred), or other suitable method.
If you are interested in working with me, please bid your most competitive HOURLY rate, and provide me with a copy of your resume/references, sample work, sample writing and anything else you think will convince me that you’re the best person for this job. In your bid, please tell me why I should choose you.
You will gain a lot of knowledge, experience, and marketable skills as a result of this job.
Note: please do not submit generic bids, I want to know that you have actually read my request and have given some thought to your response. Canned responses will be ignored. Remember, bid PER HOUR and fluent English speakers only please. Thank you!