According to NASA, the recently discovered Kepler-62 solar system potentially has two early-like planets (Kepler-62e and Kepler-62f ) that may sustain life. In this project, you will write an OpenGL program to explore the Kepler-62 solar system. The Kepler-62 system has a Sun and 5 planets: Kepler-62(b-f ) (see the attached image). To make things more interesting, we will assume that Kepler-62e has three moons and Kepler-62f has one moon. The Sun only has self-rotation, and is located at the origin of your WCS. All objects are modeled as spheres. Each object rotates around its own axis (self-rotation) with a certain rotation period, and at the same time rotates around the Sun (or the host planet in the case of moons). Each object rotates on a circular orbit that has a small tilt angle against the X-Y plane. We also assume that each object’s self-rotation axis is perpendicular to its orbit plane.
• The system by default is in an animation mode. A pause/resume function should be provided. During animation, the rotation angles for each frame need to be calculated carefully to reflect the relative rotation speeds of different objects.
• Shading and lighting are required for rendering. A frontal camera light will need to be provided that moves with the camera. Another light source is the Sun light at the origin of the Kepler-62 system. Each of the two light sources can be turned on or off.
• Texture mapping: map an image to each planet or moon. The most convenient way to implement texture mapping for spheres is to draw the spheres as glQuadic objects. Since we cannot actually see these planets, you may use any images you choose (be creative!).
• Camera sliding, zooming, rolling, pitching and yawing need to be implemented using proper combinations of mouse movements, keys, and/or menus.
• Allow the camera to focus on an individual planet, and zooming in for close examina- tions (you may actually find aliens!!).
• Perspective projection (gluPerspective) will be used. Window resizing is not re- quired.
9 freelancers are bidding on average ₹11969 for this job
i am experienced opengl ,c++ programmer. u can visit my profile to see my opengl related works... ur project related to opengl sounds very interesting to me and i would like to contribute to it..
Hi. I have lot of experience in - OpenGL with C/C++: Color, Texture, Light, Geometry, Animation ... - Graphic Computing, Linear Algebra, ... I can do your job well. Thanks
Hi, I can implement your 3D Kepler-62 solar system with his Sun, Planets and Moons. Send me the complete description of your project and the image of the system. Thanks, Danny