I want to hire a person to do the following work, I can't arrange much time so I really need someone to help me and I can pay. OpenGL programming experience is required. You'll need to work with vertex buffer, index buffer, texture, render target, basic shader, ...
Candidate with CMake experience will have higher acceptance chance.
Mecurial (Hg) version control is required but easy so you can learn it fast (clone commit push pull commands).
You must make small commits and push frequently to your repository for me to review progress.
You should work on Ubuntu 18.04 because the code is not tested on Windows at all so we may waste more time to make on Windows.
- From the base code that I wrote, I need coders to complete the
- Graphics back-end (made by me) is:
[login to view URL]
- Current CEGUI code (based on 0.8.7):
[login to view URL]
I've completed these tasks:
- Add renderer to CMake build
- Integrate render to sample framework so it can be chosen
- Basic renderer initialization
- Image codec
- Some texture and render target, geometry buffer code
Here is the task list that I think what is remaining:
- Implement the geometry buffer drawing
- Clipping, special CEGUI rendering parameters, etc
- Texture mapping, render to texture
Estimated lines of code: 500 - 800
- Fork CEGUI, clone your fork (remember to checkout saga branch): [login to view URL]
- Clone Saga3D: [login to view URL]
- Build Saga3D
- Build CEGUI, in CMake GUI specify Saga3D's location, enable Saga3D renderer module and all samples
- Write geometry buffer code and other code
- Test samples framework to see all examples are rendered correctly
- Use Saga3D's SDL2 input system to detect keyboard, mouse events and send to CEGUI
- Test if GUI reacts correctly with key/mouse input
CEGUI will generate vertex list, texture list, etc ... (you'll need to learn what CEGUI does by looking at its code: OpenGL, Direct3D, Irrlicht, Ogre renderer). After CEGUI generate those, we need to render to the screen using Saga3D, which is is an abstraction of Vulkan API that I make.
So the work is mostly to understand CEGUI's rendering code then you can ask me how to draw that with Saga3D.
To get accepted:
After posting the bid you will spend 15 minutes looking through my code on bitbucket (downloading and locally browsing is recommended) and send me a private message.
It's a well-written code base. So you'll investigate and tell me the problems that you see and maybe some possible solutions for it. I'll accept your bid based on your quick analysis.
9 freelancers estão ofertando em média $217 para esse trabalho
Hi. I have review your project description. I have full experiences in Development. I am very interested in your project and also ready to start work immediately. Hoping for your soon Reply. Thank You Regard.
Thanks for your job posting. I am a Software Engineer, and I specialize C++, C#, ASP.NET, Java. Please give me your detail… Let’s share our idea. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Best Regards.
I have experience with SDL, OpenGL 1.2, and gui libraries. However, this seems like more than a weekend project. I would propose we try this with a higher reward, or hour-based.