List of Ancestors II
# I decided to award this project to a second team and crosscheck for greater accuracy. #
# Please continue example-file until "Alheydis" so I can check quality. Thanks! #
Project Description (same as "List of Ancestors"):
I need someone to create an excel table from a scanned list of names (frist 4 pages attached as register4.pdf. The complete list contains 14 pages).
The list contains names of ancestors of my family. Every line contains up to three first names, sometimes a last name, a year where the person was fist mentioned in the records (usually , but not allways the date of birth), a year where the persion was last mentioned (usually, but not allways the date of death). Then there is (often) an arabic number (indicating the number this ancestor has in our files) and a roman number (indicating in what part of the family tree this person can be found). Each page has two columns of such entries.
There are some paticularities that have to be observed:
- if the frist name starts with ’’ the first name is the same as in the line above. Please enter the name again
- if the fomat is „1455-1467“ this shoulc be entered as 1455 1467
- if the fromat is „um 1388“ this should be entered as 1388 1388 (this means that the person lived around 1388)
- if the format is „1666“ this should be entered as 1666 1666 (this means that the person was only mentioned once in our records)
- if the format is „* 1957“ this should be entered as from 1957 and the until field should be left empty (this means that the person was alive at the time the table was made)
- if the format is „+1766“ this should be entered as 1766 1766 (this means that we only know the date of death of this person)
- if there is a text that starts with „s.“ then please enter this text in the comments column.
I have attached an excel file for the first 45 names ([url removed, login to view]). You should add the remaining entries in the same file and rename it to Register.xls.
Please ask, if you don’t understand my exlanations or if I forgot to mention how to handle some particular case.
Looking forward to your bid,