We run an online store that sells and rents products. We operate using a heavily modified version of osCommerce shopping cart. What we would like to do is integrate a barcode inventory control system that would allow us to:
1. Scan new items into inventory using a barcode scanner and existing UPC/ISBN codes;
2. Generate unique barcodes to scan/track rental items;
3. When an sale or lease (or combined sale/lease) order is placed, we would like to scan the packing slip using a barcode scanner and then "check off" each product in the order that is going to be shipped using the bar codes on the products being shipped.
4. Use a barcode scanner to take a physical inventory of the products for sale and rent in our warehouse.
5. Generate up to the minute reports showing current/historical information about inventory on hand, sales, and cost of goods sold.
We are located in the United States.