-To build a website that contains a searchable filter system (check box style) to search for people (researchers) based on categories.
-This page of people is available on the Registry page, which is only available to members that register/ login, but the rest of the website (home/ about/ contact pages) available to non-members.
- Members can create and update their own profiles
So far: My website: [login to view URL] I have used Wix to set up a store which allows for a filter check box system. So the 'products' are actually people, and the 'collections' are categories. I used this because it was the most straightforward way of building a tick box filter.
What I need help with:
- Member registration and login function, with email verification and forgot password functionality
- Members to build their own profiles (see a member on the Registry page) details needed on all of these titles (Name, Position, University/Institute, Overview, Specific Targets etc….) and instead of the Keywords box, a tick box system like in the filter search found on the Registry page, so members can assign their own categories (these need to be linked with the search function so the members appear when their category is searched for)
- Member location viewable on a map on the registry page
- Search bar to search for people/ keywords/ category
- Modify the search filter so that the accordion menu opens up twice: I would like to be able to click on a heading, then click on a sub-heading, and under this to be able to select check boxes (so, ‘two deep’?) So for example, on the screenshot- opening ‘development pipeline’ opens up that list. I’d like to make that list another accordion list. So for example, click ‘development pipeline’, then ‘target identification’ and then after that there is a list of checkboxes.
- I would also like the search feature to allow for searching by location (nearest first) according to the users institution and the others.
There are currently about 50 members. Before Wix I tried Wordpress but I couldn't work out how to do it on there. The search element is the most important part of the website so it is important to get that right. On Wix it is possible to add code, but I am finding it difficult to combine the code with the already existing collections. Would you be able to help with this? I will need to be able to edit everything about the website. I have been working with another developer, but there are communication problems, and it looks like I will not be able to edit the pages myself. I need to be able to edit all content and change/add categories to the search. I have attached the filter categories to show the levels of expansion. I have also attached a screenshot of the existing filter system.