We are a Middle East based food related website featuring recipes from our TV channel as well as recipes from the viewers.
Language: The website needs to be in Arabic as well as in English and a possibility to add further languages.
Current status: The current website has been custom built according to the specific requirements of a TV Channel
1. The backbone of website is TV Grid and the recipe engine.
2. The TV Grid is based on time schedule of each program to be aired on TV. Each show and episode is added in a separate table and the episodes are entered/selected on weekly basis for each hour of the grid, for each show. Most of the times the Grid is divided in three segment each for 8 hours. The first segment is called Prime Time, where a new episode of a show is aired and other two segments are usually repeat of the prime time episode.
3. All the recipes are added in the backend database with data stored in specific fields, like show name, episode name, recipe name in English, Recipe Name in Arabic, preparation time, cooking time, difficulty level, type of recipe, ingredients, preparation method etc.
4. All the recipes are connected with the Weekly TV Grid added in advance, the recipe will be visible to the users of the website only after the particular episode has been aired.
5. Also, the admin of the website has the facility to publish/unpublish the recipe at will.
6. The ID of recipe remains same even if the content is being viewed in English or Arabic.
7. The website also contains the knowledgebase where all the shows, presenters and other things like cooking guide, tips etc. are displayed.
8. The users of the website can upload their recipes, and videos and admin of the website publishes them after moderation.
9. The Weekly Recipe section of the website is collection of the recipes from the show/viewers where a particular recipe is selected and displayed as weekly recipe.
10. Today’s Program shows all the shows for the week with their episode numbers, airing time, show name and show image.
11. Also, there is a user wishlist section where a user can make their shopping list for coming festivals.
12. Apart from these the website has static content such as About us, careers and contact us.
Current limitations of the website:
1. The website is NOT SO DYNAMIC where the look and feel/ content of the homepage can be changed easily
2. The specific features which can generate the user’s interest are lacking
3. There is no user login system for accessing the content of the website
4. Managing banners etc is not a built in feature
5. Small block where the content filtering can be done is not available
6. Features like current/past chefs, current/past shows, polls, latest recipes from show/viewers, most viewed recipe, most liked recipe, most emailed recipe, most printed recipe, users comments on each recipe, What’s next show on TV, Filter Recipe based on Chef/Show, Quick Meals type recipe etc are not available.
7. Adding/Moderating content/grid is a time taking task and currently requires technical people to get involved. It is needed to be as easy and as fast that a Web Editor can do the task of changing the home page on regular basis.
Scope of the work:
Keeping all the current limitations of website in mind, it is proposed that the website should be migrated from current system to a content management system, where the content part can be handled more easily and dynamically.
The job requires to be done includes all the current features of the website as well as new features to overcome the limitations.
1. TV Program Grid (Weekly/monthly basis)
2. What show is playing on TV now
3. What is next show on Fatafeat
4. Home page articles
5. Recipes from the show, to be automatically published to public as soon as the episode is over.
i. Name in Arabic/English
ii. Show name (select)
iii. Episode name (select)
iv. Main ingredients
v. Type of recipe
vi. Preparation time
vii. Cooking time
ix. Preparation method etc.
x. Recipe rating
xi. Video on demand
6. Recipes from viewers
7. User registration and management
8. User permissions
9. Multiple Polls
10. Newsletter engine
11. Most visited/viewed/recommended recipes
12. Current shows on TV
13. Current hosts on TV
14. Past shows on TV
15. Past hosts on TV
16. Latest recipes from shows
17. Latest recipes from viewers
18. Best rated recipes from shows
19. Best rated recipes from viewers
20. Filter show recipes based on Shows, hosts, recipe type, ingredients, time to cook
21. Videos section
22. Submit viewers recipes
23. About Us
24. Careers section
25. Contact us page
Delivery Date: 30 November, 2009
6 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1308 para este trabalho
Hi. My team has experience in Drupal. Installing, module assembly, themes, working with audio and video content, and multi language an content translation.