Can you write rules to perform actions in a Drupal Commerce project?
This project is complete except for these 3 items that I am stuck on.
I am using Rules to accomplish these tasks but am having no success in bringing the existing custom fields into scope in the rules conditions.
1) add non taxable fee line item (12 possible values) for specific products (core charge for auto parts)
2) remove USPS & UPS shipping options when purchasing specific products with message to call for shipping quote. (Item must be Trucked)
2) remove USPS shipping option when purchasing specific products.
YOU MUST KNOW DRUPAL COMMERCE TO BID
To clarify... This site sells auto parts and is complete except for the following task.
Perform an action based upon a condition.
The product variation PARTS already has these 2 custom fields which indicate the condition on which action should occur.
It should also be possible to Terms instead of Fields.
Core Charge => text field with amount of fee to apply
If Core Charge exist and is > 0
Add non taxable fee (12 possible values for) for the product (remove fee if product is removed)
I suppose this could be done with a custom module but there is a commerce module called commerce_fees that seems workable and is installed.
Ship Method => select field with Standard, DW, Truck
CONDITION -> ACTION
if DW -> use only UPS shipping methods (disable USPS)
if Truck -> Prevent checkout and display a message to call for shipping quote (disable both UPS and USPS)
else -> use the default (no change)
The default is both UPS and USPS for all products and works fine right now.
The UPS and USPS modules are installed, configured and operational.
I am trying to write Rules for these however I can not seem to bring the custom fields into scope when doing Data Comparison while writing conditions in Rules for these specific events:
- Apply a fee to a given order (commerce_fee module)
- Collecting shipping rates for an order (ups and usps modules)