I need my book edited into the proper format, these are the specifics Standard Manuscript Format
• Your manuscript should look as though you typed it. Handwritten manuscripts or ones
that use a fancy font(s) are likely to end up in the reject pile. On your word processor,
select a non-proportional font (every character is the same width) such as Courier New,
12 point. Never use bold fonts anywhere in the manuscript. Times New Roman has
increasingly become more acceptable than in the past due to electronic publishing.
• Do not right justify (justify) the text. Don’t select the option from your word processor
that makes every line of text end exactly at the right margin. Remember, you want your
manuscript to look as though you typed it, thus leave a ragged right margin.
• Use one inch margins all around the text. Top, bottom, both sides. Use Page Setup to
• Double space the text.
• Turn off the widows/orphans feature (in paragraph format) so each page will contain the
same number of lines of text.
• Start every chapter 1/3 way down the page, eight spaces from the top, type chapter
number and subtitle (if used) centered on the line. Insert two line spaces down then start
the first paragraph.
• Show new paragraphs by indenting the first line of the new paragraph by ½” (use Word’s
paragraph format). Thus:
When you come to the end of a paragraph, use a hard return
And set your paragraph formatting so the next paragraph starts
here. Don’t use the space bar or tab to accomplish this indent. Don’t
add extra space between paragraphs. (set before and after to 0).
• Set the header to ½” and insert the page numbers on the right, your book title and author
name on the left:
• Great American Novel - John Smith 20
• To show a scene break, leave a blank line, then type a single or triple asterisk centered on
the next line, then leave another blank line like this:
The space ship blasted off.
Meanwhile, at Lunar Base Alpha...
• Do not underline text to be italicized. Use the italic font. Otherwise the editor will have to
go through the entire manuscript and remove the underlines.
• At the end of your story, don’t write "THE END." You shouldn’t have to tell your reader
when the story is over.
I need this done ASAP, at least within 24hours. The book is just under 50,000 words, most of the above has been carried out but i need the rest done and everything checked. Chapters also have to be put in