My publishing company has a project for a developmental editor. The project involves editing a 19k word novella in the LGBT romance genre.
Edits must be completed in Microsoft Word with tracking changes turned on. The Chicago Manual of Style is preferred.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- A quick turnaround
- Experience with developmental, line, and copy editing
- Experience with the romance genre or fiction writing
- Native American English skills
This is a small project and thus will pay a flat rate of $125 for the entire project. If you're up for a quick project, please consider applying.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- A recent one-page copy-edited work sample
- Provide a cover letter with the following information:
> your typical turnaround time
> your experience level with editing
> your education
> your native language
> the genres of fiction you have previously edited
> to ensure you have read this entire posting, provide the first three words as Dear True Blue
If the project goes well, there may be other opportunities in the future for other novellas and/or full-length novels.