1. In your own words, Describe the Thomson model of the atom.
Explain, with detailed reference to key experimental work, why this model was
2. In your own words, Outline an experiment showing that electrons exhibit wave-like
3. In your own words, Explain the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic
semiconductors, and the difference between n-type and p-type semiconductors 
4. In your own words, Describe with the aid of Energy Band diagrams, the effect on
the silicon electrical properties of doping with
(i) donor 
(ii) accepter 
5. In your own words, Explain with the aid of diagrams the behaviours of carrier
concentrations and charge distributions in a semiconductor when a p-n junction is
6. A solid cylindrical piece of silicon has radius 2mm and length 1cm. Calculate the
resistances along the length of the silicon for each of the following cases:-
(i) the silicon has a donor concentration of 5x1022m-3 
(ii) the silicon has an acceptor concentration of 5x1022m-3 
(iii) the silicon is intrinsic. 
[You may assume ni=1.2x1016m-3
This tutorial constitutes 20% of the total module mark.
Deadline:- 4pm, Monday 8
th December 2014.
Please hand your work in to the School Office.
Your answers to Qus.1-5 should be approximately 800 words per question
excluding diagrams and equation
My budget is $30
Deadline: 2-3 days.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $43 for this job
i have read and understood your requirements... Please chat window to discuss further... __________________________))((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))_________________________