• Installation, Operations, Modifications and Maintenance of telecommunications equipment and associated apparatus. (IP, Voice, EoSDH, MPLS, etc.)
• Testing, commissioning and fault isolation of circuit orders for IPLC, EoSDH, voice circuits, IP circuits etc. (including the last mile offnet segments)
• Implementation of new projects based on EPLAN, statement of work and provide necessary support for successful execution.
• Basic facility maintenance (CRAC units, UPS, Generators and other general building equipment), including basic DC plant maintenance.
• Maintenance of the terrestrial route and repeater sites
• Serves as a point of contact with the Network Management Center (NMC) or Network Operations Center (NOC) for managing problems through to resolution.
• Some travel may be required within or outside the region to assist at various sites.
• Good communications skills are required, both verbal and written.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive record and track reports of faults and troubles through use of proprietary tools and databases.
• Identify and diagnose problems; evaluate whether they are service-affecting, then prioritize for resolution - especially with concurrent troubles
• Ensure proper organizational attention to the problem via escalation or other action
• Develop technical solutions to faults and troubles and implement solutions as appropriate, ensuring that service is restored on an optimum schedule
• Working with the NMC, perform ongoing post event analysis to cable systems and equipment, facility/hut systems and equipment. Determine the correct course of corrective action before problem becomes service effecting. The incumbent will utilize the Network Management Systems, Operation Support Systems to support the tracking and analysis.
• Facilitate the installation of new and upgraded systems and equipment
• Supervise vendors and contractors installing and commissioning equipment during network upgrades
• Verify that systems and equipment conform to specifications and customer requirements and that they are adequate to fully support the achievement of MTTI (Mean Time To Implement) and MTTR (Mean Time To Repair)
• Perform route patrols, monitor dig safe activities, assist in cable restorations and monitor outside plant contractor activities. Assist with maintenance activities in and around the Amp or Repeater Hut as needed.
• Utilize company databases to complete all circuit orders, from DS0 up to 10G (or more as applicable) also including Ethernet type circuits, assigned to the station.
• Ensure that MTTI goals are met or exceeded
Knowledge and Skill requirements
Candidate should have an entry level knowledge of the applicable requirements and qualifications below.
1. Degree/Diploma in Electronics or Engineering.
2. At least 3 years’+ relevant experience with the telecommunications service provider or major equipment vendors.
3. Working Knowledge SDH/DWDM Multiplexers, Ethernet and Testers
4. Knowledge of Copper, UTP and Fiber Cables handling and Testing
5. Basic hands on experience on routers and switch.
6. Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to set priorities, recognize basic causes, and recommend problem solutions that meet the practical needs of the business
7. Good communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and German
8. Balanced interpersonal style; a team player able to work effectively with employees at all levels
9. Self-starter, able to take initiative and work with minimum direction in a fast-paced environment
10. Fully computer literate, with command of Microsoft Office software as well as technical and diagnostic programs and systems
11. May be required to work day, evening or night shifts, weekends, holidays and subject to call-out