I have a open poach/balcony on second floor and I want to make a sunroom there. I need help in designing a frame structure that can support the glass. on it.
I am thinking of using wood framing but also open to Aluminium extrusions but the designer than need to detail BoM and sourcing alternatives.
I have a rough back of napkin design. The balcony is L shaped and I am thinking of taking having 3 pane Insulated Tempered Glass Units of 3 Feet width and 10.5 feet long.
1. Design for Roof only which will support 3 feet X 10.5 feet 3 pane Insulated Glass Units.
2. Design with a slope of 6 inch going out.
3. To have glass overhang so water or ice falls away from the wall
5. Like to support the weight of the roof on outside wall and 4 'I' Beams
6. Design with calculations so I can take to city for approval
Awardee has to have knowledge of
1. Building codes of Ontario and Windsor City.
2. Snow weight and wind effect needed according to local city rules
3. Local materials such as sized of wood available in building material store such as HomeDepot or Lowes or local in Windsor, Ontario or online aluminium glazing store in Canada or USA. The budget of roof framing material and labor is $1500-$2000
4. The four I beams I mentioned already exist inside the horizontal structures. I have attached the photo of horizontal structure. I have to open it up to expose the I beam. The architect has to show how to connect the I Beam in the horizontal structure to the support for the roof.
City Building Dept needs drawing certified by Ontario Professional Engineer or Architect. So if I have get it signed by local engineer or architect than it is an significant cost
I am okay with a design which is higher safety margin. e.g. using 2X8 instead of 2X6 wood. I think for a experienced professional architect/structural engineer it is a very small job. To increase my confidence in prospect awardee - I need to understand if they can relate to the information I have given by me.
27 freelancers are bidding on average $517 for this job
Hi,I am a structural engineer and very good in this [url removed, login to view] checked your [url removed, login to view] do all works as you required.Thanks.
Professional engineer with 37 years of design experience...............................................................................................................
we are team of young fresh talents of architects and civil engineers from [url removed, login to view] will send the design as per your requirement in two days for affordable price. Regards Feel Design lab