This is a video processing device. You can think it as a super
"Hard-Drive DVD Recorder" without a DVD drive, without any moving parts.
(1) Inputs will be composite, ans S-video. Inputs can be digital and
analog video signals (such as those from Camcorder, and VCR ).
(2) The inputted video signals need to be converted to MPEG-2 in
real-time, and then be saved to hard-drive.
(4) we will write firmware to edit the MPEG-2 files such as adding
(5) When user plays the MPEG-2 files via remote-control, it outputs
video signals through composite or S-video connectors.
(6) The device needs to have RF remote control sensor, key-board
connector, mouse connector.
(7) This device will conduct powerful work, so needs at least Pentium
(8) we are thinking of using Windows XP embedded OS, please see
attached hardware board DOCUMENTs for circuit board SBC-GX533 from third party
(their design is for general purpose, needs to add video parts to meet
our need). I cannot upload the doc, please google for SBC-GX533.
(9) SUMMARY: your design should be SBC-GX533, plus the inputs, outputs
and conversion part of a DVD recorder.