This is a video processing device. You can think it as a super
"Hard-Drive DVD Recorder" without a DVD drive, without any moving parts.
(1) Inputs will be composite, and S-video. Inputs can be digital and
analog video signals (such as those from Camcorder, and VCR ).
(2) The inputted video signals need to be converted to MPEG-2 in
real-time, and then be saved to hard-drive.
(4) we will write a huge firmware to let user manage the video files through mouse, key-board and remote control.
(5) When user plays the MPEG-2 files via remote-control, it outputs
video signals through composite or S-video connectors. Recording and playing would happen at the same time.
(6) The device needs to have RF remote control sensor, key-board
connector, mouse connector.
(7) This device will conduct powerful work, so needs at least Pentium III 533MHz.
(8) we are thinking of using Windows XP embedded OS, please see
attached hardware board DOCUMENTs for circuit board SBC-GX533 from third party
(their design is for general purpose, needs to add video parts to meet
our need). I cannot upload the doc, please google for SBC-GX533.
(9) In short, your design should be something having the core capabilities of SBC-GX533, plus the inputs, outputs.
(10) SBC-GX533 is used as an example of acceptable board core capabilities, but we need our own design from you.
(11) Ethernet is needed on this product.
(12) We are also open to using Linux instead of Windows XP embedded.
(13) We wish you deliver a fabricated product that is tested. We will pay material fees in addition to your quote here.
(14) This is proof of concepts prototype, so you are encouraged to use open sources.
(15) The quote would involve the following being provided:
(a) final schematic and layout file for PCB to be etched
(b) necessary documentation to back up the design, and essentaily
proof that it should work.
(16) Your work can be divived into 2 to 5 milestones, we will pay after each milestone is completed.
(1) VCR is for viewing and recording video. Our device is for video management and that is why it needs mouse and key-board. It will be 20 to 100 times more powerful than a DVD recorder. It just needs regular remote control with, say, 20 some buttons.
(2) We will load a huge video management firmware into compact flash. All firmware and OS go into flash (so maybe a 2GB flash needed), all user video and data files go to hard drive.
(3) It wouldn't play and record at the same time. We need minimum pentium III 400MHz processor for intensive computation.
(4) It needs Ethernet accessibility.
(5) We are open to either Windows XP embedded, or Linux embedded.
(6) SBC-GX533 is too costly for mass production, and that is why ask for help here at Guru.com.
If you need more info, please do not hesitate to contact me.