We have images of a slope. From these images, measurements of a slope are to be estimated and parameters calculated using equations from a handbook that i will provide. then a retaining wall must be designed using these measurements.
The assignment is in exact:
1. Look for a particular case of slope instability in London or surrounding area, where the student will make a field visit, take pictures and try to identify the type of soil involved (if granular soil: does it contain fines? Is it stiff or loose? Is it gravel or sand?; if fine soil: is it stiff or loose? Does it have water on the surface? Is it very plastic?)
2. To generate a 2 dimensional cross section of the slope (mainly, elevation and angle of slope).
3. To look for and/or estimate all the soil parameters, required for making the calculations. This information can be found in the books proposed for the module. Maybe the student can have access to real information for the particular soil (for example, from lab tests provided by any company). The adopted parameters must be justified, and the source where obtained from, must be reported and acknowledged.
4. Estimate the safety coefficient of the slope, using the simplified methods delivered during the module.
5. Design a rigid retaining wall, using the simplified methods delivered during the module.
15 freelancers estão ofertando em média £465 para este trabalho
I'm BSc Civil Engineer, So I'm theoretically and practically sound in doing this kind of project. Give this job to me then definately you can feel the deferance