I need an experienced developer or admin to help me configure tomcat server to avoid out-of-memory errors.
Here is my problem:
1) I have a Tomcat 6 server running on a Windows box with 2GB of RAM.
2) There are 4 java applications that I am running on this Tomcat server. When I run any ONE of these applications, it consumes 30mb-100mb of RAM memory by itself.
3) Tomcat with no applications consumes 350Mb.
4) Running tomcat with just one of these applications works perfectly well.
5) When I run tomcat with 2 or more applications, total tomcat memory consumption reaches 500mb and then tomcat gives Out of Memory exception in the log and hangs.
What I need to figure out is why Tomcat stops at 500mb.
I have 2GB on this box, why doesn't it keep consuming memory further.
I need an experienced developer or admin to work with my developer together (via screen-sharing session) and resolve this. As soon as I can run these 4 applications for a few hours and exceed 500mb of RAM utilization without any out-of-memory errors, I will consider this task finished and authorize the payment.
1) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No 3rd party components unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the employer on the site per the worker's Worker Legal Agreement).
Windows Server 2008 standard