The Unit J4 in DG Research and Innovation (DG RTD) is responsible for providing
and operating information systems to support the Commission's framework programmes of
Research and Innovation.
The expert management projects (e-experts) of the unit RTD J4 needs the services of an
Application Architect (AAD) maximum level 3 under DESIS III framework contract
with proven experience in development of IT projects in Java. Experience in design and
development of UI interfaces is also required. The type of tasks included in the service
will concentrate on supporting the Commission staff in the area of definition, analysis
and implementation of the expert management systems.
2. DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The services to be provided are at the level Application Architect (AAD) level 3
maximum, with experience in the technical environment mentioned under point 3 below.
The following tasks will be requested by the Commission:
• Definition, analysis, implementation and integration of various information systems
• Interface between development and production teams for any activity in relation with
implementation of systems, including databases modifications
• Assistance to the definition of internal methodologies and application lifecycle
• Production of software architecture documents
• Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the
2.1. Knowledge and skills
• Proven experience in JEE 7 web information systems development using java
• Experience in UML and RUP
• Expertise in configuration and change management tools (RTC)
• Expertise in Enterprise Architect
• Analysis, design and implementations of services and composites in SOA
• Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented
middleware, service oriented bus)
• Expertise in development of complex UI interfaces / screens.
• Ability to apply high quality standards
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
• Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid
self-starting capability and experience in team working
• Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide
assistance or support in the resolution of production issues.
3. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
• Oracle 10g, Oracle Text
• WebLogic Server
• SOA, REST
• JEE 7 environment and standards, EJB3, JMS
• Angular 1.x or / and Angular 2.0
• UML Modelling and RUP Methodology
• XML, XSLT, FOP, SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA, JAVA scripts, HTML, JSF, CASE tools,
JUNIT, J2EE, ANT scripts, UNIX, TOAD, XML Spy, ECLIPSE, Maven, RTC, Vaadin,
4. OTHER PRECISIONS
4.1. Confidentiality and Security
The Commission draws the contractor’s attention to the contractual provisions on
The Commission reserves the right:
- To proceed to security screenings of any individuals proposed, prior to the
signature of any specific contract;
- To require any individual to attend security briefings or training, and/or to sign a
security statement, after the signature of a specific contract.
DURATION: 500 DAYS
Please note that we DO NOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP for this position.