Congratulations! You have just found out that you’re one of the final applicants being considered for your dream job as an engineer with Tech Giant, Inc. You love everything about Tech Giant’s informal work environment, from the high-end coffee machines to the foosball tables and the fact that everyone is on a first-name basis. When Scott, the hiring manager, called to inform you that you made it to the final interview stage with the company’s CEO, you were so excited that you forgot one very important detail: you have already committed to driving your aunt to the hospital for an important surgery on the day of the interview!
Scott will be out of town and will be unreachable by phone for the next week, so you have no choice but to communicate the time conflict to him by email. You remember Scott mentioning that this is a particularly busy period for the company, which is why they are looking to hire more people in the first place. You obviously don’t want to lose your interview spot, but it would be unacceptable to cancel on your aunt. You’ll have to be very careful about how you communicate the news to Scott and request a different interview date.
Write an email to inform Scott that you are not available for your interview on the previously discussed day and time, and to request a different interview date. Make sure you give him every reason to grant this request by proving what a good communicator you are!
• Remember to set up your document as if it were an actual email: you must include To, From, Date, and Subject headers.
• Be very careful about establishing an appropriate tone, and selecting necessary information.
• Analyze your audience, and consider your purpose carefully.
• Use positive language as much as possible and ask yourself how you would react if you were the recipient. It’s a good idea to read your message out loud, in order to gauge its impact and overall tone.
• Remember less is often more in situations such as this. Work on conciseness.
• Proofread carefully: you will be graded on spelling and mechanics, tone and style, grammar, format, and content. Regardless of the content of your email, I cannot pass an assignment that has significant problems in these areas.
• Be creative! You can make up plausible details. Also: don’t simply take details from the scenario and re-purpose into an email.
19 freelancers estão ofertando em média $56 nesse trabalho
Hello! I had to write a very similar e-mail a few months ago and fortunately/because I am a good communicator my wish has been granted so I think I have what it takes to do this job.