Need BA Preferred MA in Mathmatics and Prior Enterprise Capacity Planning experience.
Job Title: Enterprise Systems Capacity Planner
Associate: Location: Maryland / Other Sites
PURPOSE: The Enterprise System Capacity Planner is responsible for planning and managing an Enterprise Capacity Management Program. In this role, the Enterprise System Capacity Planner is responsible for evaluating current and projected workloads for a large, multi-CPU z/OS and distributed platform environment. This position reports directly to a Director. The Enterprise System Capacity Planner responsibilities will include working with application and business areas to determine workload forecasts, establishing service metrics, and generating periodic usage reports and planning documents.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of a Director the manager’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. 30% Establishes and manages enterprise systems capacity management program to ensure reliability and availability of enterprise systems to meet business needs.
2. 25% Evaluates performance of system platforms and generates reports relating to results achieved against planned metrics. Works with operational personnel to determine optimum configuration and other parametric specifications to achieve overall system performance targets.
3. 20% Communicates with IT and other business Directors and other Corporate management to plan and implement capacity management program. The manager also communicates with other IT and client personnel as well as vendors, consultants, auditors, other Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA), the FEP Director’s Office (FEPDO), and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to coordinate and implement capacity management projects. Attend management sessions to ensure that the team’s operation and long-range goals are coordinated within the larger framework of department, divisional and corporate initiatives.
4. 15% Established and maintains all policies and related governance processes related to Enterprise Capacity Management. Documents all related strategic and tactical planning materials.
5. 10% Researches technical, business and theoretical developments in the field to ensure that customers are receiving the most effective support to meet their business objectives.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all company locations may be required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No direct supervisory duties. Occasional project management responsibilities for exempt staff of IT personnel and IT support staff, including but not limited to IT programming positions, IT support staff such as Business Analysts, Testers and Project Managers, for all strategic corporate initiatives.
SCOPE DATA: This position reports directly to the Director. The Enterprise Systems Capacity Planner is directly accountable for performing analysis studies on systems software relating to CPU, DASD, MEMORY and Tape in a multi-platform environment. Develops systems capacity and performance plans, and tracks accordingly.
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of eight years of IT or business/systems background, OR equivalent work experience. Experience in proactive capacity management and planning; emphasis on service metrics and measurement. Strong skills in preparing and presenting resource requirements, evaluations and cost/benefit studies for CPU, storage, tape, printers and other devices. Proven ability to organize and manage project teams. Assist with project management on multiple projects. Must be able to teach, develop, and motivate associates.
Abilities/Skills: Experience in capacity planning and performance modeling and forecasting for IBM mainframe and distributed platforms, specifically AIX and Windows. Must be able to proactively identify and resolve all availability and/or performance issues and trends. Create and communicate in written format, at a minimum, on a monthly basis, capacity utilization and trends. Create and communicate capacity models based on system utilization and mapping to business requirements and expectations.
Preferred: Experience with both mainframe and client/server technology. Must have in-depth technical knowledge and experience with z/OS, AIX, Windows, and Capacity Planning / Performance metrics. 7+ years current experience in Capacity Planning and Performance tuning for mainframe distributed systems. A background with monitoring tools such as MICS, MXG, TMON, Tivoli, or SYSVIEW is also required. Additional experience with z/OS tuning or CICS/DB2/MQSeries systems programming is helpful.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 50 lbs.