We are looking for an C# developer who has experience with merging data from C# into Excel. Currently we have a fully functional solution, which merges data from a database with C# in Excel, the only problem is that the calculations in the Excel sheet aren’t working with the cells in which the data is merged.
The process is:
1. We have an excel sheet with calculations/formulas.
2. We merge data with a C# applications in different cells
3. These cells are part of the calculations/formulas.
4. The objective is that when we open the Excel sheet that the formulas use the values correctly.
1. The merged values (numeric) are seen in the Excel Sheet as text not as value and therefore not used by the calculations.
Because this is probably a simple setting or code change, we do not expect that this will take a lot of time. Furthermore we are looking for someone who has encountered the same problem and therefore has experience how to solve this.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $32 for this job
Please guide which technology are you using to write stuff to excel. Is it "open xml" or "Microsoft office interop" ? Please send me sample code so that i could look at it and fix the problem
Hi, I have more experience on development C# within excel so that I believe I can help you complete your task in 3-4 hours. Please contact me and give more detail. I will make you happy. Thanks
I know how to solve this. Please send the source code of the C# program and the excel files it is dealing with. Also mention the problem occurs in excel file with specific cell reference. Thanks Regards.
hi, I think you can do this calculation within excel, with VBA, you don't need use c# for that. However, I can fix this excel for you. I'm looking to hear forward from you. best regards, Lilian