Project: Proof negative effect M&A-engaging acquiring companies on their long-term shareholder value. Period 3 year after completion date (from 1995- 2015), analyzing the abnormal returns.
Method: Fama & French (1993) Three factor model: Rp,t - Rf,t = ap + bp (Rm,t - Rf,t) + spSMBt + hp HMLt + ep,t. Construct portfolios (value weighted and equal weighted) according the method of Fama & French. Already got all the M&A deals from 1995 untill 2015. Struggling with getting the rest of required data. All the deals contain Cusip and Ticker codes. You can find the data restrictions in one of the attachments.
- Obtain the rest of the required data en form the portfolios according to Fama & French
- Perform the statistical analysis (preferably with STATA)
- Test if there is a pattern in time.
- Compare abnormal return of North American acquirers with European
- Perform tests for rubestness and if possible perform alternative test, for example BHAR methodology.
In the data description you find the data criteria, an overwiew of the method (ppt) and the article of Fama & French on which the method is based.
11 freelancers estão ofertando em média €1030 para esse trabalho
"Quality is Not an Act it is a Habit" I believe that my experience and skill in this background will prove to be of great help to you. Contact me to discuss more on the details
We have a good setup and would be able to complete the task well before the time with proper attention even after the project gets delivered in time.