I need some help with excel sheets that I have and analyzing the data within the sheets / producing new sheets.
1. Please take a look at the attached "detailed-income-sheet" file (this is only an example, the actual sheet that I have has much more rows, but I prepared this one for the sake of the example).
2. The two columns that interest on the "detailed-income-sheet" are C ("City") and A ("Price"). I would like to use the "detailed-income-sheet" to generate a table that summarizes, for each city separately, the total "price" values related to it. I prepared an example to the way the "summarized-income-sheet" should look like (the file is attached and is called "summarized-income-sheet").
3. The next step of the calculation involves a third sheet that I have at hand, and the file is attached ("expanses-sheet"). What I need here is to use the "expanses=sheet" and the "summarized-income-sheet" in order to generate a fourth sheet (let's call it "profit-loss-sheet"). The fourth sheet will calculate the difference (for each of the cities) between the "expanses" and "income". Pay attention that the "expanses-sheet" has more rows (cities) than the "income sheet" (i.e, some cities don't have income).
- I have 2 sheets at hand - "detailed-income-sheet" and "expanses-sheet"
- I need your help with producing automatically and easily, using the information in the above mentioned two sheets, two additional sheets - "summarized-income-sheet" and "profit-loss-sheet".
What solution would you suggest here? Is it possible to produce the sheets using excel or would it need an external software?
41 freelancers are bidding on average $81 for this job
I have been writing formulas and macros for 23 years, including Lotus 1-2-3, Symphony and Excel. This can be done in Excel. An external program will not be needed.