JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction of the Accounting Manager. Duties include review all time entry, reconcile payroll, corrects errors, maintains payroll records, updates Heavy Job for payroll inputs. Must have a clear understanding of Davis Bacon, Service Contract Act (SCA), and Union Contracts as well as understanding each contract's payroll requirements.
The following duties are intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Ensure compliance with government regulations, company policies, and procedural guidelines while compiling and verifying timesheets for data entry.
Responsible for checking that the correct amount is calculated for employee earnings and withholdings.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Knowledge in general ledger accounting.
• Knowledge of payroll processes.
• Knowledge of multi-state taxation regulations.
• Skills to effectively operate a compute and navigate and utilize a variety of software applications.
• Skills to effectively and efficiently keep all records and work organized.
• Skills in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Skills to communicate effectively with other accounting and project staff and management.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
An Associate's degree in accounting, finance or a related field preferred. Progressively responsible professional payroll experience in construction or contracts or payroll certification may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Must have at least 2 years of processing construction or contract payrolls preferably in multiple states.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $1097 for this job
8 years experience in HR and legal, mostly in FMCG, create and develop corporate and employment contract, operational procedure, system, talent&OD, familiar with Lean Manufacturing, certified to litigate