We are establishing a paid subscription blog and need advice on several matters:
1. Which software to create the Blog?
2. Which payment software to use to integrate with the Blog and PayPal?
3. Which email software to keep in touch with members?
4. How to monetise the blog to achieve at least AUD$20,000 per month?
Our paid subscription service is for a monthly Report series with recurring payments of AUD$30 billed through PayPal until the membership is cancelled or payments denied by the member’s bank.
There will be a website and a FaceBook page for this Report series.
The website Home Page will offer a free report to all new subscribers and indicate what will be in the monthly Reports.
Each monthly Report will be about a major topic of interest to the members. Each of these reports will have a separate web page offering a download of the report to members only and some additional text and video material. There will also be an additional webpage available only to members offering them free links and an overview of all previous monthly Reports.
Each month members will be emailed a link to their latest monthly Report and a brief abstract of what it is about.
All new members will be offered a free introductory report to the niche covered by the website and blog.
Members will also be offered a paid six-part eCourse introducing them to the niche topic and how to use and integrate the blog material in to their work. Each module of the eCourse will be a hyperlinked PDF with links to selected material available on the internet and to a special webpage for that module containing additional text and video material. This eCourse will be made available on a pay-per-module basis ranging from AUD$15 to AUD$60 per module depending on the complexity.
Members and the general public will also be offered a mentoring service on a pay-by-the-hour (say AUD$150) basis to customise the material to the specifics of their work and studies.
Overall we are looking at a one-off piece of work containing answers to the matters mentioned above.
We are particularly interested in finding a freelancer with the following attributes:
• Knows what makes for a profitable blog in the Australian market at this time
• Provides direct straight-forward recommendations in say 12 pages or less.
• Provides a workflow diagram of how the business model works.
• Can do the work in, say, two weeks, from the time of being given the go ahead.
• Can provide one example of having done this type of work before; preferably by pointing to a website currently online and active.
We do not require recommendations as to content and content management in this contract.
However, the content will be applicable to Australian clients as well as those in New Zealand, Singapore, USA, Canada and the UK. We mention this only if it has implications for the choices to be made relating to the matters asked about in this contract.
We envisage that this is about one hour’s work for a freelancer who is skilled in these matters.
More details will be made available to the successful freelancer.