PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Identify and showcase a subsector and associated companies within that sector that are attractive to an investment criteria.
The high-level investment criteria is to invest in high quality, profitable and growing businesses with the following characteristics:
• Predictable and recurring revenue streams
• ~$2-20m of EBITDA; 30-200 headcount is generally a good proxy (avoiding start-ups)
• Mid-to-high barriers to entry that are defensive in nature
• Growing markets with sustainable growth drivers
• Sticky customer base
• Private businesses headquartered in Australia or New Zealand
Technology/software businesses are favourable given their business profiles tend to meet these characteristics, we also look at ‘technology enabled’ businesses that use tools to help them create competitive advantage.
Please pick one of the following Primary Sectors below:
• Business Services
• Non-banking Financial Services
• Education & Training
There are two core parts to the investment approach, identifying high-quality off market deals to partner with, then leverage that relationship to make subsequent acquisitions in the market.
As such, the Origination program consists of two major activities;
1. Identify new opportunities
2. Identify opportunities for portfolio companies to acquire
Identify a subsector or niche within a chosen Primary Sector that matches the investment criteria as best as you can, and;
(1) Clearly identify which Sector, Subsector/Niche you have chosen and the characteristics that have driven your decisions.
(2) Use your research to identify 10 target companies for investments in, keeping in mind our investible criteria, previous investments and our approach.
(3) Create a presentation document with your industry analysis, key findings and target companies.
Tip: This is a SMB-Mid-market investor, which means it’s unlikely we would look at public companies to make investments in.
Ideally this is provided in 72 hours