I would like to conduct a finite element analysis optimisation on a hollow column made from Polypropylene.
The boundary conditions are evaluated below:
- The diameter of the column shall be less than 60mm
- The wall thickness of the column shall be greater than [url removed, login to view]
- The column height must be greater than 50mm but less than 80mm
- One column end is fixed and the other is a pivot joint. (n = 2)
- A normal force of 19.62 N pointing down through the midline of the column
Dimensions to optimise:
- Wall thickness
- Diameter of column
See [url removed, login to view] for material specification.