We are developing an Educational Collaborative Flex UI. The existing functionality is already there. I am looking for a good UI deign so that I can just plugin my components(drawing board, chat window, video pane, etc) into the new design.
I am listing the features we have so that you can develop a neat simple Flex user interface.
The Whiteboard contains of the folowing main panes/areas. Should be compatible to all screen sizes. Design for screen size of 1028*768.
1. Drawing board/ Canvas (main area)
2. Video pane (option for multiple windows in future. There could be more then 1 broadcasting video)
3. Chat Window
4. Audio control
The look and feel of the whiteboard should be very simple.
1. We should try and make available maximum space to the actual drawing board
2. The icons used should be big (relatively) (please see go go screen shot)
3. All icons should either change color or show a text when mouse over (Lets use a color combination or grey + green or Grey + red)
4. The overall lok and feel should be like the attached screenshots.
1. Should have scroll bars and its a simple white area.
The video pane should be optional (i.e user should be able to minimize it)
The controls available should be to "start broadcasting"/stop broadcasting
It should contain an area for user to type and another area to show all the chat content
User should have flexibility to change color and font/size
This is just a bar that allows audio control also there should be a button to start/stop broadcast
The toolbar has icons for various tools like the folowing:
Top Menu/Shortcut menu:
Upload (image or document)
Take a screen shot
Whitebaord Navigation area (shows all the pages with flexibility to navigate) and a button to add a page (see picasa)
Get URL (for the session)
In addition we have tools for each subject: Math, Physics, Chemistry and more(ex: Periodic Table in Chemistry, Graphic Calculator in Math and many more in future)
Dashboard is used to provide a view of who all are in the session (user) with the permissions each of them has
Permissions should show ability to
This area should very clearly indicate the user in his own pane
The area should also very clearly indicate the moderator
There should be a way to ask question (graphically)....raise hand, etc to ask for permission for any of the controls above.
1. There should be an icon somewhere showing the connectivity status (network)
2. There should be an area that list all recent uploaded documents/thumbnail when user clicks on upload
All the required images need to be developed as well.