Our company has a product to manage nightclubs, bars and restaurants. It includes a tool for managing guestlists and table reservations. Some of our clients use portable devices at the entrance of their clubs to access the guestlist in real time. At the moment, this interface is in html and works with simple ajax calls. This leads to one big problem: If the device has no connection to the WIFI network, it does not work. Thats why we want to introduce an interface based on the flash technology. It should do the following tasks:
1. Download and show a list of current and upcoming events (feed right now would be XML, but the interfaces can be changed).
2. Based on the selection from the event list, the guestlist should be downloaded and cached locally.
3. The list must be sortable by firstname, lastname, list type (vip list etc.) and should provide a really simple interface to search (we really like the iPhone approach)
4. On each list item, there are 4 actions to be done:
4.1. Guest has entered the club
4.2. Only part of the guests have entered the club (e.g. if someone is on the list as John Doe + 4, it must be possible to say that 2 guests are already here and 3 are coming later)
4.3. Guest was not allowed to enter (e.g. too drunk)
4.4. Cancel one of the above actions
5. These action must be made locally but synchronize with the webserver from time to time. It should be possible that the app trys to update and submit changes each minute if the connection exists. But it should also be possible to synchronize it manually (button) at the end of an event.
The most important thing for us is a USABLE and NICE interface which is also perfomant on a small device (e.g. Archos 7). List must be sortable and searchable EASILY.
If this task is being made perectly, we have several follow up projects such as an integration of a list of people who have no access to a club or to all clubs of our clients, Lounge/Table reservation interfaces etc.
Developer should speak english or german.