I'm looking for someone who can design a great new header for fullasoul.com. Please be aware right up front that I will be giving preference to people who can submit a sample/mockup before being chosen as the winner. I don't necessarily have to want your mockup as the final design, but your sample will help us decide who has not only the talent to deliver what we're after, but also a grasp of the creative direction we've already established with the site. If you can't submit a sample/mockup, please be sure to direct me to your portfolio.
I don't want to give too many creative directions for this project, as I'd really like to see what creative minds can come up with here, but there are a few small criteria that need to be considered:
1. The [url removed, login to view] logo (as you can currently see in the left side of the current header) must be prominantly featured.
2. The designed header should be about 972 pixels wide. There is no criteria for it's height, and it can be slightly less than 972 wide, but it shouldn't be more.
3. It needs to go with what's there. That's not to say it has to be pale like the rest of the site...in fact, the header may well be the place to really add some more color to what's there (if you choose that route from a designer's standpoint), but it certainly shouldn't clash with the already-established design scheme and colors.
4. Design is really key for me. I DO NOT want people to go grab the same, generic flash headers that are freely available on the internet, make two or three small changes and submit it. I'm looking for an ORIGINAL DESIGN! In fact, it should be noted that we'd be more excited to have a static header with an amazingly original design over a flash header with a generic design. That's not to say that we don't want flash...in fact, flash would be great. We just want to emphasize that the design itself is more important than whether or not the header is in any way animated.
5. If you do choose to go with a flash design, please be sure that if there's some extensive opening animation, that it only happens upon the first visit. Big animations are great if they're done right, but they shouldn't reoccur over and over again while someone's visiting the site.
6. The text-based links which currently exist on the header should obviously become buttons. Again, whether you design a flash banner or a static banner is up to you, but in either case, I'll need to be able to go in and edit those buttons myself from time to time.
7. Somewhere in the header (your choice where) needs to be a space for us to insert some 'Playing Now' information. You don't need to code anything for it...we'll insert our own php code to deliver the actual 'Playing Now' information at a later date. You'll just need to include a space for that in your design.
That's about it! Please PM me if you need a high-quality copy of the [url removed, login to view] logo before you create your sample/mockup. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to message me and ask!