I am looking for a reliable writer of a romance novel (book 1 in a series) to be written at about 20,000 words in the genre.
Orientating on current best-selling titles in this category, I am prepared to provide a general idea and basic requirements for the project in a briefing letter to the awarded writer. Basically, I am open for suggestions and willing to allow for a lot of creative freedom in this project as long as the content will be of high quality and attractive for the readers in this genre (women primary target group).
You should be a passionate fiction writer and well-experienced in applying the key elements of a classic romance novel. Your creative strengths should be in developing characters that readers can relate to as well as writing compelling story lines with surprising elements. I want you to write a feel-good reading, heartwarming but lighthearted, sexy, sweet, and suspenseful.
The finished product shall serve readers with a high perceived value and memorable reading experience. As long as this first project turns out to be successful and our initial corporation works smoothly, I am seeking to install a long-lasting relationship for the upcoming books in the series.
In applying for this job, please provide the following information to me:
- your lump sum price quote.
- your availability and reliable estimation of when (after awarding and clarification) the project can be completed and submitted to me.
- examples of your past work and experience in writing successful novels in this genre
- anything that proofs your are qualified and ambitioned for this job and a suitable future partner for my company
After the project is completed to my satisfaction, I am very willing to provide a review and recommendation of your work.
I thank you very much for taking the time to look at this project and hope you will be interested in working with me. I look forward to receiving your application and hope this will be the starting point for a great and long-lasting working relationship.
Thanks and best regards,
This is a work-for-hire position, meaning that the copyright for the finished material will be transferred to us upon payment for the work. The writer will not retain any rights whatsoever to finished work, and will not be credited as its author. Your name will not appear on the book. Full ownership, royalties and rights stay with us.
For this project, a contract and Non-Disclosure-Agreement must be signed prior to beginning the work.
Content must be unique with a unique story line. No part of your story should be found anywhere else. Not even on your own blogs or in other books, magazines, etc. Absolutely no plagiarism will be tolerated. The finished piece will be examined closely for any evidence of plagiarism, and should such evidence be found, the writer will be summarily dismissed without payment.
-12 pt Time New Roman font
-1" margins (top, bottom, right, and left)
- Page breaks added after the end of each chapter
Expected scope of service:
- formatted text of the novel(s) in MS-Word Format with a word count of about 25,000
- 2-4 paragraph (~300 words) sales summary / description of your story that teases/entices readers to buy. It will identify the novel’s main characteristics and may act as the back cover description.
Document transfer shall be handled utilizing a shared Dropbox folder that I will provide to the awarded writer.