WARNING: DO NOT BID WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.
Illustrator needed to design an image for a theatre production.
This first image will be part of a series required (i.e. there will be more work)
To qualify for BIDDING, you must provide either a written idea OR a sketch graphic based on the theatre production. All other bids will be ignored. Sorry - but there are way too many amateurs out there bidding.
Additionally provide a link to your portfolio.
The Theatre Production:
Title: Choke Point
Synopsis: A journalist for the nation's top newspaper is covering the teen sniper shootings in Washington DC, while under intense scrutiny for possible plagiarism. Set in the early part of the Iraq war, the journalist tries to find meaning with the woman he loves as he becomes intractably drawn to the teen sniper and his career falls apart.
The basis of this story are the events surrounding the ousting of New York Times Journalist, Jayson Blair. Google this name for more background info.
Graphic may use Journalism, Iraq War, Sniper, Newspaper or other representations of this story.
Graphic may be abstract or composite, clean or grungy. Use your imagination.
The following are additional initial requirements PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THIS CAREFULLY:
1. You must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently .
2. You must be easily accessible by SKype, email and telephone during normal business hours during
development. Once successful bidder is agreed we can set timeframes for calling, if necessary having regard to
different time zones and we will be fair in that regard. We are located in Los Angeles, California, USA Pacific
6. You must be able to complete this project within 1 week.
7. MUST be willing to make all necessary revisions. We will also require your availability for updates
following completion (reasonable additional charge for this please quote) and ability to review progress and
course of construction website on your servers throughout the project. Please DO NOT RESPOND if you have not
completed several similar projects and also provide examples for review. This is mandatory.
8. You must be willing to use Escrow via the [url removed, login to view] site and there will be NO advance payments. We are a reputable company and we will pay and be fair but we require utmost integrity both sides. We require references.
9. We will require credentials and references prior to award.
10. We reserve the right to cancel the project if we do not hear from you within a reasonable timeframe. (3 to 4 business days without responding to e-mail is unacceptable).
11. We reserve the right to not release any of the escrowed fees if you do not deliver the scope of work within
the timeline and our expected quality agreed upon.
12. If you are interested and will be providing a bid You must PM us after reading this and write one message
that says "OKIGOTIT", this code will ensure that you have read all the project details.
13. By the way, we know in great details Internet and computer law and related matters and are very familiar
with what is entailed, how things work and what things are worth. So let’s not get off on the wrong foot with
someone trying to blow smoke at us.
14. FYI we have numerous clients and special projects arising from time to time that can be made available in
the future to somebody who impresses us with their talents, timeliness, business manners and enthusiasm.
Extensive additional work will also be required for this project once it clears initial stages.
15. Assuming we are happy with the result, we would consider providing credit on the site to your and your
organization. This will be viewed and considered by very heavyweight people in the business.
16. NO CHANGES TO BID. Bid only what you think it will cost. You will NOT be paid more than the bid amount, unless we ask you to do new work beyond the scope of this job.