I need a mobile-friendly smoothie recipes website to complement an already popular Facebook blog! Can be developed on top of an existing $80 premium Wordpress plugin that already has most of the desired functionalities, but severely lacks in design (WP Ultimate Recipe) and that needs a lot of fine-tuning. A blank-slate version would be highly preferred.
1. Database of ingredients with pics, description, nutritional value and number of fruits/veggies servings (needs to be flexible so I can add/delete/change ingredients and their corresponding nutritional values). Ingredients must be tagged by number so I can easily add other languages later.
2. Database of recipes with health tags (vegan, gluten-free, nuts-free, low calorie, high protein, green, etc.) and theme tags (dessert, snack, meal replacement, Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
3. Database with quantities (1 tbsp, 1 tsp, 1/2 cup, etc.) (see point #4)
4. Nutritional value and price calculator (to be used when I select ingredients for new smoothies so I don't have to recalculate nutrients and calories every time). Must also be available on front-end for my users (would be a “create-my-own-smoothie” calculator)
5. Database of saved recipes for each user (they can create an account if they wish to)
6. Database of users with e-mail, password, name and saved recipes. Two different account logins: Regular or Nutritionist (nutritionists will need to provide a professional accreditation number). Nutritionists' comments to appear in bold or with a star under each recipe they comment on.
7. Personal account for users to save recipes (have a favorites page where they can see and print each recipe) and to suggest recipes (users should have to select among same list of quantities and ingredients as page admin and click "send")
1. Interface/Design similar to that of Foodily or Yummly
2. Search bar like Foodily's, + possibility for users to select ingredients on hand and to get customized recipe suggestions (see Supercook website for example). Ingredients/tags suggestions to appear when users start typing. Recipes searchable by health tags, theme tags, user ratings and ingredients count (e.g. max 3 ingredients). Multi-criteria selections (e.g. nut-free + low sugar) should be feasible.
3. Recipes summaries on main page (like Foodily). Should load as users scroll down (like Pinterest). Recipes detail when users click on the summary, including ingredients/quantity, directions, nutritional values, users scores, e-mail & social media share buttons, save button and print button.
4. Create-my-own-recipe calculator (like this: [url removed, login to view])
5. Each recipe's details to appear on its own page (ideally the page would appear over the main page while blurring the rest of the page, so no need to press the back button)
6. Social media/e-mail share buttons for each recipe
7. Colored icons for each recipe's criteria (Low Carb, Low Fat, High Fiber, etc.) exactly like Foodily does, with explanation that appears when mouse clicker is placed over the icon
8. A hyperlink to a picture and description of each ingredient tagged by category (fruits, veggies, protein, superfoods, spices). Can either be a hyperlink in the recipes themselves (1/2 cup of pineapple, with pineapple being underlined and clickable) or a photo + description appearing when the user places mouse cursor over the ingredient’s name.
9. Login and Sign up buttons (upper-right on page)
10. 3 x 1-5 star ratings: Kids, Adults, Health (make sure users can only rate once, based on IP or on having to login). Important: only nutritionists could rate on health
11. Room for "Promoted by X company" next to each recipe for company logos (like [url removed, login to view])
12. Print recipe button
13. Room for user comments below each recipe (must be logged in to post)
14. Contact form
15. On bottom of main page: 2-3 sentences disclaimer, "about me" button, and "contact" button
16. Room on the sides and bottom for ads