BLUE CORN TECHNICAL FUNCTIONALITY
1. Prompt user on available deals
2. Allow user to be able to cash in on offers from hotels
3. Receive confirmation emails on deals and payments
4. Allow for users to book hotels normally with whatever attached benefits( a month ahead
5. Instant payments and bookings
6. Get confirmatory SMS also
7. Look and feel must be simple and straight forward i.e less questions and fields
8. It should be memory efficient
9. It should be energy efficient
10. It should not be too heavy.
11. Book on hold availability (if this is not exclusively an interswitch function)
12. Email notification for all parties after processing payments
a. Room type()
b. Or room number
c. Reserved date
d. Period of validity
13. Incorporation of a map showing hotel location
14. Pictures of available rooms
15. Report/complaint/feedback: a client report section with a list of similar type of problems
16. Cancellation of bookings before certain dates
17. It should be simple to use
18. Notifications to users/clients on deals/promos
19. Advert banners
20. The application should be developed to a point such that only data exchange is done and not
interface rendering so it is not data hogging
21. User feed, error reporting
22. The look and feel should have smooth feel to the eye and touch
23. The theme is as the name suggests BLUE. While a combination of other colours will be welcome
1. Upload room information with pictures capability
2. Upload specials/promos/ with time periods
3. They should also have a report client/user issues.
4. Interface must be simple to use as to the levels of illiteracy is not determined.
5. For hotels with more than one branch, the particular branch of choice should be displayed
6. Hourly booking rates should be available alongside daily bookings.
7. Individual view to see if their offers have been purchased.
A log for all activities
1. Search should be based on multiple variables i.e. price, location, rating etc.
2. GPS locations capabilities for hotels and users
3. App should be able to pick users location and search based on hotels around. Note that each
hotel will be require GPS points.
4. Search should be optimized to be fast and efficient.
5. Display of search results can be arranged by switching the search case i.e. switching between
price and location