I require the creation of an online e-Ticketing system for events. The website advertises and sells e-tickets for events created by members. Members are anyone who registers to the website.
Advertising on the website is 100% free and there is a percentage and convenience fee for each ticket sold and bought. Event holders can view and manage their event in the event management console of their account. This includes
- Total number of tickets available for sale (required to create an event)
- Number of tickets sold thus far
- Number of tickets remaining
- Current Revenue (Before fees are applied)
- Location (required to create an event)
- Start date and time (required to create an event)
- End date and time (required to create an event)
- Event Details (required to create an event)
- Flyer/Poster (required to create an event)
- Edit or delete event
- Feature this event (If selected at event creation a fee applies and the option is grayed out from further editing)
Customers/Ticket buyers can view all their purchased event tickets in the My Ticket Book section of their account. In addition, from the ticket holder's account, he/she can :
- Print event tickets
- Re-sell their tickets (This would list their ticket for sale in the "Scalper Zone" section of the website) (Member's username is automatically generated and grayed out and he/she must enter price, location and contact number)
- Transfer their tickets to another member's ticket book. (Once a transfer is made after listing the ticket for resale, the availability is automatically set to sold)
N.B All postings for re-sale are free and no monies are transferred through the website. (These buyers and sellers may use a third party payment option or meet face to face. They decide privately)
The Scalper Zone section
In this section, registered members can create free postings for event tickets they want to resell. These sellers will be required to enter:
- Event Name (Selected from a drop down or the entry of custom event)
- Asking Price
- Their current location
- Phone number.
These seller would also have the option the change the availability of the tickets.
Buyers in the scalper zone section can view all postings and has the option to email seller about ticket postings. Buyers can also:
- Set Alerts for newly posted tickets to be emailed to them.
- Give seller a feedback. Thumbs up or down.
Mobile App (iOS and Android)
1) Ticket Validation App - This app is used by event holders to validate tickets at the entrance of the event. App should be able to handle offline validation. Validation is only possible from the time the event starts, to the end of the event. No multiple scans per bar code.
2) eTicket App - Buy and sell tickets.
- View scalper section.
- Sellers change availability of tickets
- Rate sellers in scalper section
- Buyers receives push notifications on alerts set