I have a project with thousands of images to convert.
However, now I would try with only 30 images.
For each image, I need:
1. Open in GIMP
2. Add Alfa Channel
3. Set Brightness to minimum (-127) (menu color)
4. Set the "Select By Color Tool" (shift+o)
5. Click on the background
6. Export to PNG with the same name of the original file.
7. Open the PNG on Inskcape
8. Open the menu Path -> Trace Bitmap (Shift+Alt+B)
9. Using the default options (Brightness cutoff, threshold 0,45), just click OK
10. Delete the bitmap (on the back of the new vector)
11. Resize it without loose the proportion (pressing control) to fit the page.
12. Save as SVG with the same name.
13. Export to BITMAP (export area selection), with the same name of the last PNG.
14. Send me back SVG and PNG with GoogleDrive or [url removed, login to view]
I spent 2 minutes each image.
If you prefer, you can use Photoshop or other high-quality tool.
Even so, tools like Vector Magic don't give the quality that I need.
See the example attached.