I have no experience whatsoever in building/owning a website. However, I seek to create an online platform where a user can search among a large pool of halls, make a selection and then make a provisional booking for the selected hall.
As such, i would need a website with good aesthetic quality and well optimized for mobile phones with workings as follows:
- A ‘list your venue’ link which opens to further ask: Are you a hall owner or a venue searcher?
- If hall owner, the user signs up and acquires a login and password; fills in details about its hall into a form and this populates into a database on which a search query can be made on by a web user.
- If a venue user, a quick shorter form without need of login details can be filled about a hall.
Booking Process goes thus:
- Website user searches for hall, elects to fill out a booking request form for his selection (a unique transaction ID is generated for each request).
- When he/she clicks ‘book now’, an automated mail with a hyperlink to the website goes to the listed email address of the hall owner. When the hall owner clicks the link, he/she can view the details of the request and make an accept or decline decision
- An automated email about the decision goes to the email address of the requester associated with the transaction ID.
- For those without emails at either/both ends of the transaction, the system should be able to detect (based on information filled in the respective parties’ forms) and thus use an online phone messaging system medium instead to send details of the request to the hall owner, with the hall owner responding to the website phone number which then forwards to the rightful phone number associated with the transaction ID.
- At any point, there should be a ‘continue your booking’ box where a requester can key in his transaction ID, use it to view his/her booking request details/status, and proceed to make an online payment (if he/she so chooses) to the hall owner account details.
- The system should be configured to be able to allow only a certain maximum amount of positive confirmation booking responses per hall per event date, after which it sends out an auto-decline mail to all other booking requesters that had already made requests before the maximum confirmation mail was sent out. For any new bookings for the same hall and event date for which the maximum confirmation mail had been reached, a real time feedback of "this venue is already booked for this date. Please select another date" is given to the requester.
- The system mailbox should have auto-classes of contacts as follows: hall owners, users who subscribe to newsletter mails, and all newsletter subscribers
- An admin panel with: an ‘add a faq’ tab, a radio button to allow/disallow unsubscribed halls from showing in search results, which date subscription should start being checked for, number of confirmed booking sent out after which it shows hall as booked, a manual override for 'hall booked' notice, a request log
- Hall search results are shown according to this priority list: 1. Subscribed halls 2. Listed halls verified 3. Listed halls unverified 4. Crowd sourced halls verified 5. Crowd sourced halls unverified.
- All name fields must pop-up with auto-complete suggestions as you type based on the system database, in order to limit duplicates
- All forms should give real time feedback if there are any input errors
This outlined process is not set in stone, it is open to quality adjustments. I would need to have frequent conversations and ask a lot of questions during the development process!
- Good communicator and understanding of the project objectives
- Web Development, Designing and Search Engine Optimization skills
- Positive attitude and ideas contributor
- Attention to details and timelines
- A Skype ID
- A SE optimized, RWD website with good aesthetic quality and built to functional requirements.
- An accompanying logo