- Ebay style auction site
Seller profile functionality
- seller profiles needs to be more facebook like.
->can post multiple pics of themselves
->can enter details like hair color, eye color, height, weight, body type, age, occupation, hobbies, tattoo description, city and state only.
->admin needs ability to make some of those characteristics mandatory
->other details will be required but hidden from buyers like First and last name, full mailing address, phone number, email address, etc
->should be a privacy settings panel for sellers to adjust and for admins to adjust
->should handle storing of various payment receipt methods.
->should show buyer feedback ratings like ebay
Buyer profile functionality
- buyer profiles will have the same characteristics as the seller but the seller will be able to see less information than the buyer can see about them.
- seller feedback ratings like ebay
Items for sale
- items will be sold in a fixed buy price or auction style (at sellers preference)
- items description and characteristics must be very robust
->Allow multiple levels of categories of items
->Allow multiple characteristics to be configured by admin for each level of category
->allow each characterstic to be a drop down list, check box, freeform text box or radio button selection from a group of radio button choices
->Have a help button or link by each characteristic to provide the seller additional information on what each characteristic means or examples of entries
- Allow seller to upload unlimited pics and or videos of the item
- item search/filter capabilities must be very flexible and robust. Potential buyers must be able to filter on any of the item characteristics or seller profile characteristics. For example: show all items sold by sellers of a certain age range or body type
- Show current filters on the left hand sidebar. Allow user to further filter or delete certain filters so expand the results
- Allow sellers to pay extra fees to keep their listings at the top
Other general website features required:
- website should have chat functionality but be item listing specific. Buyer can only chat or contact a seller about a current item listing and vise versa. Once the listing is gone, the chatting ability is disabled between the two parties. There can be a central messenger area on the site to access these chats.
- admin should be able to configure how long the listings stay on the website after completion.
- sellers should be able to delete listings early just like ebay
- website should allow setup of multiple payment methods. Bitcoin, Paypal, Apple pay, Android pay & credit card.
- website should interface with UPS and Fedex for shipping methods and have functionality to provide shipping estimates (with the ability to add additional percentage for markup by website, configurable by admin)
- website should be able to produce a shipping label (using a common shipment account setup with Fedex or UPS) with an alternative return address than the seller's to be provided to the seller when they want to ship their product to the buyer.
- website should have its own tracking details screen for each item after its been shipped
- website should have full email notification functionality for order emails, order status, shipment notifications, payment notifications etc
- website will generate income from a percentage of each item listing final sale price and a percentage of the shipping cost (both configurable by web admin through control panel)
- web admin must be able to configure bank account details where all generated income from sales will be sent
- website should be fully functional from mobile or desktop browsers
- website needs to have a screen upon entering for the user to confirm they are 18 or older and agree to terms and conditions before entering main site (using cookies to remember for future site visits)
- website needs an FAQ and tips section. User profile sign up. Users can be both buyers and sellers.
Please be specific in your bid description. I want to know of any sites you've done like eBay (not just online stores) and your thoughts on some of the extra functionality I've mentioned like accepting bitcoin and filtering listings based on item listing AND seller profile characteristics. The budget is flexible for the right web designer.
Most of the functionality I have described can be achieved using Joomla and an extension called Auction Factory. Some additional tweaks will probably be required using custom PHP etc but it won't be a large percentage of the overall effort. Only bids stating and pointing out Joomla based experience and examples will be considered :)
Ok it seems that a lot of people are not reading my whole project description.....or I haven't been descriptive enough. My vision for the site is more like a mix of Ebay and Craigslist. The listings will be like classifieds but that can be sold for one price or a fluctuating auction price. So we need all the functionality of Ebay but we don't need live chat. Just messaging between the buyer and seller about the item being sold. So they can send each other messages back and forth on the site but live interactive chat like facebook messenger is NOT needed. Plus I again want to stress that you should only bid if you're skilled in Joomla. I want it developed using Joomla and extensions like Auction Factory with custom coding only for the extras that those do not provide. I've received a lot of site links in your portfolios that point to sites that are typical online store type websites. If you want to show me real comparisons to what I want, it needs to be an auction like site where people list their items for sale and ship it to the buyer. The only difference with my site will be that the site will print the shipping label and pay for the shipping (after charging the buyer of course). Hope that clears things up a bit.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am putting this project on hold for a few months. Thanks to all who have bid on the project. I have contacted a few of you who I would consider working with on it. I will reach out to you once I kick the project back up again.